Friday, June 25, 2010

Itajime Silk Scarves!

Bright Green Magic Windows Itajime

FINALLY! I mixed a new batch of procion dyes and I am so happy! Not only do I have new brighter bolder colors, but I even added a few new colors! Kelly Green, Maroon & Turquoise!

I started by cutting a few 6' lengths of china silk. then I cut each length into thirds so that each piece would yield 3 panels that are a great size for scarves once finished. with smaller pieces of silk, I was easily able to miniaturize my folds so that all the patterns would be smaller and  more detailed.

I thought that precision would be easier with smaller pieces, but when applying the dye, I lost control and got sloppy. Time for the eye droppers and a bit more patience I think.

I LOVE the Maroon & Yellow piece. I am a bit less pleased with the Red & Yellow piece, but the boldness of the colors is really something to appreciate.

The Bright Green Magic Windows piece is my favorite and I do not think I will be able to part with it. This will be a pattern I will experiment more with in the future! I love it so much, but I have to say, the photos do not do the colors justice.

Bright Green Magic Windows Itajime


Maroon & Yellow Itajime


Maroon & Red Itajime


Red & Yellow itajime





1 comment: