Friday, June 4, 2010

Silk Itajime, breaking the rules!

Well, ever the conservationist, I feel terrible about the idea of dumping my poorly mixed dyes down the drain. After getting such beautiful results in Florida with better mixed dyes (thanks to Mom), I feel like I should start from scratch with freshly mixed, brighter dyes, but I thought I could get just one more set of silks dyed first.

Then I decided to break the rules. I decided to do an Orange /Purple panel fully knowing that I would most likely get mud color where they mix (or so I've been told). what do you think? I think rules are meant to be broken! This Panel will get cut down the middle to make 2 long silk scarves!

The Jewel tone Purple / Red / Bottle Green panel really did not look special when I finished putting dye down. I know that it was poorly folded (as you can see the dyed areas are different sizes). A cleaner fold will give a more consistent pattern. This one also kind of had a muddy look until I washed it out.

Success!
Jewel Tone Silk Panel & Orange / Purple Silk Panel


another view....


No comments:

Post a Comment